Sunday, September 9, 2012

Today is Sunday. That Means Church.

I am attending a Mennonite church here in Asuncion.  Church starts at 9:00, which actually means 9:15 or so.  Sam, Roxanne (a woman from Canada who will also be working in the school), and I were introduced near the beginning of the service.  It was a little embarrassing to be standing in front of a church full of people as someone talked about their perception of what we are going to be doing here for the next ten months in a different language.

The service was all in Spanish, of course, and I really only understood the two or three songs that I had sung before in English, and parts of the sermon that Celeste translated for me.  The pastor, Alfred, is very charismatic, and I could tell that he was a good preacher even though I couldn’t really understand what he was saying.  He told stories and moved around quite a bit.  I think that I will be able to fit in well here once I understand the language. 
Everything is good here.  Your thoughts and prayers are still very much appreciated.  I thank God every day for such supporting people at home.  Stay fantastic.
Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment