Monday, September 10, 2012

Algunas Fotos (Some Pictures)

This is some of my host family in front of a Catholic church in Asuncion.  On the left is my sister Laura, in the middle is my mother Mercedes, and on the right is Janet.
This is my home from the street.
This is the mango tree growing right outside of my house.  SCORE.  I can't wait till January, when mangos are in season here across the equator!
This is a shot of the patio.  My room is right through the blue door to the far right.
This is the what you see when you look down alleyway outside of my house...minus the motorcycle.


This is Celeste, my sister who speaks English (as well as Guarani, German, and Spanish, but who's counting?)
 
This is the living room.  Fransisco, my host dad, made the table in the middle with the intricate patterns in the wood.  Very impressive, I know.  I live with impressive people.

3 comments:

  1. The pictures are great! They really help me visualize where you are and learn more about your talented and gracious host family. And I must say... I am a bit jealous of that mango tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you post a picture of just your host family? I don't know if they are together enough for that to be possible but I would love, love, love to see one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you imagine getting tired of mangoes? bring it on!

    ReplyDelete