Saturday, March 30, 2013

Mellow Yellow

I continue with colors.  Here's yellow.

This is my very favorite yellow flower in the Jardín Botanico.

Pretty pretty flowers.

Flowers are the sweetest things that God ever made, and forgot to put a soul into.   -- Henry Ward Beecher

Even the trees grow pretty flowers.

I think sometimes that our Creator points to the most beautiful things ever made with a giant flashlight that we refer to as the sun.

Color is the ultimate in art. It is still and will always remain a mystery to us, we can only apprehend it intuitively in flowers.   -- Philipp Otto Runge

My pictures don't do this flower justice, but as I took these pictures I thought about how great the gift of sight is.  God's creation takes my breath away.
Even the leaves like to show off their beauty.

This is a painting that can be found on the wall of the public school in my neighborhood.  The whole wall is a mural dedicated to HIV awareness.  What we're seeing here is a colorful condom with part of the phrase "It's our right to use a condom"  scrolled above.  Three cheers for HIV awareness!!
While walking through the Jardín Botanico (as I was taking these pictures) I was hit with the realization that creation was meant to be adored.  God so very obviously is manifested through nature.  We should look around and be in awe of the miracle that is the beauty that surrounds us.  We should worship the Divine by appreciating the way that God's face shines through creation.

Take a moment.  Look around.  Be amazed.

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment